If you find yourself with five butterflies, here's what will happen.
- They will all emerge from the chrysalis while you are sleeping or looking away just for a moment.
- Then, they will sit apathetically for a day.
- Then, you will feed them sugar-dipped universalis flowers, which they will shun.
- After the wings are formed, the extra color is excreted from the tail of the butterfly. Essentially, your butterfly menstruates all over its mesh habitat. A lot. Peri-menopausal amounts.
- In a desperate attempt to make them eat, you buy mandarin oranges and throw them to the creatures.
- Butterflies love mandarin oranges. They get high and fly against the mesh walls.
- Then, you open the door and only two butterflies make a break for it.
- The next day, two more decide to leave and go to butterfly college.
- Finally, the runt extrudes an ocean of extra color all over the habitat. Ten times more than the others combined.
So, the runt remains. It's been an interesting experiment. Who would think butterflies would be so dramatic?